Monday, January 14, 2008

"Feeling Groovy" and "Asses and Elbows"

Well, tonight was a very different experience. I participated in Don's Monday evening spin class. It was actually pretty good. He really makes you focus on your heart rate and didn't let things get out of control. Tonight was primarily a focus on endurance. The only thing that bothered me was that every time I was getting into a zone and really feeling good and strong, he would have us lay off and recover for a brief period.
Another aspect of class I enjoyed was Don's groovy selection of music. It really made me think of Maynard G. Krebs from the Dobie Gillis show. I'm really dating myself here I know, but it was enjoyable. I think the next time I go I'll shave, but leave the soul patch, wear some cool Smith shades, and of course a beret. Maybe a little poetry would also be appropriate.
Now, what I didn't like about the evening were the crowded conditions in the locker room. I think that Life Time needs to sell more memberships. The locker room was nothing but asses and elbows. All the New Year's resolutioners are there now. Also, what the f%$@ is with the hard body guys who have to take there sweet damn time so they can stare at themselves in the mirror. One guy walked back and forth to the mirror 5 freaking times to check himself out. Like something is going to look different from 10 damn seconds earlier. Wait a minute! As a matter of fact he had his damn supper on the counter in front of the mirror. That's why he was going back and forth. Every time he was in front of the mirror, a bite of food, a sip from his shake, and a little flex of his muscles to impress himself. What the hell!
Now I know why I prefer 4:30 in the morning.

Oh how I am looking forward to my fixed gear flier being ready to go. Parts should be in today, tomorrow at the latest...maybe I'll be cruising tomorrow night. I purchased a light set and I'm ready. I don't care if it's -20 degrees. I will get a ride in even if it's just a test ride around Eagle Lake.

Total Ride Time 1hr. 45 min. Total Calories Burned: 1,045

One day closer to single speed paradise.

Nigity - "Always keep a smile in your heart."

No comments: