Friday, June 20, 2008

Happy Solstice!

Summer has finally arrived! Well, it officially begins at 17:59 today to be exact. I wish we had a fire pit out in the backyard. Could dance around the bonfire naked or something like that to celebrate.

As the sun spirals its longest dance,
Cleanse us
As nature shows bounty and fertility
Bless us
Let all things live with loving intent
And to fulfill their truest destiny
-Wiccan blessing for Summer

Just a footnote...I'm not pagan nor do I practice paganism. Not that anyone really gives a sh%$.

I've been riding my bike around The Grove this morning. What a beautiful day. Having coffee at the local java shop and taking advantage of their WiFi. Should be home painting, mowing the lawn and doing other productive domestic sh%$.

whatever

My knee feels a bit better today. Rode to the club at about 5 A.M. this morning. Now you tell me what the hell is wrong with me. I'm on vacation!

Anyway, I worked on conditioning and flexibility. Ripped those huge quad muscles on the foam roller. Still hurt like hell, but not as bad as yesterday. Hopefully it will help. Also, I did not have any close calls with automobiles. Not yet anyway. (fingers are crossed)

We are riding single track tomorrow at Murphy. A little apprehensive about my knee so I will probably go easy. I plan on bringing the Stump Jumper and the SS. Hopefully I can get some good pics.

No comments: