Sunday, October 19, 2008

Good for the Soul

It's time to put the wraps on another great trip to the North Shore of Lake Superior. Definitely God's country! I feel absolutely back in tune with myself, however, I'm not sure if I want to return to "the world".
The worst part of any trip up here is having to face the fact that there is that day you have to return. Back to the real world of work, traffic, yard work, and all that other stuff we complicate our lives with.
I'm not sure how many miles we've hiked over the course of the past several days. I'll figure that out some other time. Honestly, I don't really care. All I know is that my legs and feet are tired and sore and that truly feels great.
I've been thinking about some ambitions and goals for the next year and will begin training and preparing after returning home. Hmmmmm...the big secret.

We thought that we would miss the colors, but were fortunate to still find some colorful areas.

I miss the bike, so I'm looking forward to getting back in the saddle this week, possibly for some night rides up in the park. Of course this will depend upon how much school work I have in the evenings. Maybe I should just stop giving homework.



I have so many images from this trip that it's impossible to post all of them. I'm not even sure if the ones in this post and the previous one are the best of the lot.

We did hit a portion of the SHT that I had yet to hike and it was fabulous. I found the area in and around Lake Agnes off the Caribou Trail to be quite beautiful. There aren't many areas of the trail that I haven't covered, but this was one of them. I'll be planning on visiting again this winter to scope out some areas closer to the Canadian border. Hopefully we will get some good snow and really cold weather early on. This will provide for some good river gorge snowshoeing.

Lake Agnes

2 comments:

The Old Bag said...

Great pics! Sounds like a wonderful weekend away -- hope you come back refreshed and ready.

Judi said...

It looks gorgeous. The trails are so nice this time of year.

Vito, our green terror, is sick. Dominic is going to get him a heater today, but he won't come out from under his rock. I am worried about him.