Sunday, April 12, 2009

This Virus Won't Go Away

Tomorrow will be one week since I started feeling tired and weak. Then came the sinus infection and all the crud that goes with it. On Good Friday I thought that maybe it was getting somewhat better and I decided to go for mountain bike ride in the park. It didn't take long for me to realize that I was still feeling the affects. I feel pretty good when I wake up in the mornings, but as the day progresses I begin to feel weak and run down.

Yesterday was much the same. The guys were hitting hills on Saturday and were going to repeat the sixty miler we did the previous week. I called Matt and told him that there was no way I would be able to do it. My legs just didn't have that snap.

So for a couple of days I cleaned the house, scrubbed down the deck and patio, cleaned up both of our vehicles, got the lawn mower ready for summer, and took a few naps.

This morning I woke up feeling pretty good despite not getting a lot of sleep the last couple of nights. I just felt that I had to do something so I went for a run. The run itself was pretty easy and only about 40 minutes long. What made it difficult was the constant snot and phlegm issues that made breathing difficult. Well needless to say I felt not all that great afterwards.

We spent the afternoon with Patti's family and had a great Easter dinner. Of course I napped afterwards. It's back to school tomorrow and two weeks of standardized testing. My body and mind are not ready to go back, but reality is well....reality.

I hope this thing passes and I can get back in the saddle without fear of a relapse. Hopefully tonight I can get a good nights sleep.

No comments: