Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blogging Doldrums

Lately I've been having a tough time getting myself to keep this blog updated on a regular basis. So this is my feeble attempt at an update...heart is just not into it lately. Last Tuesday I had a great evening up at Elm Creek. 2 hrs. 42 min and 31.5 miles on the single speed. With the recent rain the trails were somewhat soft, but not too soft and the dust was finally down.

The rest of the week was low key until Friday morning at Matt's spin class. Saturday I logged 42.7 miles up north while riding a mix of forest roads, old logging roads, and any other trail I could find between Side Lake and Hwy. 65.

The day started off cold. About 30 degrees with a brisk wind out of the northwest. The trails and roads were soft from the overnight on and off rain and snow showers so I just decided to ride a nice easy steady pace. It was one of my better days on the single speed. Could have used more hills, but I'm not going to complain.

The big negative of the whole trip up north was no camera. Very poor planning on my part.

On another note...my sister Gina arrived home safely from 9 days in Puebla, Mexico with Smile Network International. Gina is the Administrative Director and is responsible for all the mission logistics, and communications, she also works as an on site logistics coordinator whenever possible. This was here assignment on this recent trip to Mexico.

It was an interesting experience...swine flu, quarantine, earthquake, etc. The mission was a success and everyone is home and healthy.

2 comments:

WheelDancer said...

Sounds like some good riding in there but I know what you mean about not being in the mood. Perhaps there's something in the air around town.

Anonymous said...

Mike In WI say's

Vito, I hope you don't cut back on the Blog posts, I enjoy the Pics also.

Even though I don't comment much you're Blog is visited daily by me.

I would like to speak to you about 29er's, full suspension and touring with Mountain type bikes at length sometime over a beer or six.

have a good day...sounds like you need one!

Mike In WI