Sunday, May 17, 2009

Solo

Today ended up being another solo ride. I did not feel like getting up too early, so while everyone else was up and rolling at 6:30 or 7 I enjoyed my coffee, oatmeal, and the sunrise while waiting for the temps to warm up a bit. By the time I left the sun was high and the temps were still cool, but in the forties with relatively calm winds.
I was hoping to meet up with the rest somewhere along the route, but it didn't work out as I had thought it would.
I ended up logging somewhere between 63 and 68 miles. I'm not exactly sure since I inadvertently cleared my computer going into the last hour of my ride. Until that point I had average very close to 17 mph. I ended up riding for just over four hours.

Riding solo is what I enjoy most. To me it is far more relaxing and it gives me time to get lost in my thoughts. This was certainly the case today. I've had a lot on my mind lately and today's ride was very helpful in having time to sort things out.

Kenny and I share the same concerns about HHH which is coming up on June 20. We haven't ridden nearly the miles we should be and certainly do not have the climbing in that we would like to have. We are both thinking of the possibility of doing the 100K rather than the 200K. No sense in any needless suffering.

We still have about four weeks, so I think I will just wait and see how things play out.

No comments: