Friday, August 7, 2009

Ore 2 Shore Prep...

So what do you do when you can't sleep and it's 5 a.m. in the morning the "day before" an endurance mountain bike race...you get all of your stuff prepared. Hydration, nutrition, clothes, etc. I'm good to go. The only thing left to decide is tire pressure and much of that will be determined by the weather...rain or no rain.

A Camelback bladder full of Cytomax, a bottle of recover drink (Endurox) for at the finish line...yuk! The stuff tastes like barium solution. Nutrition for along the way , in the form of gels and blocks...(gummi bear stuff). I know, I take this stuff way too seriously.

I'm trying out my "Mountain Feed Bag" . No more reaching back to dig in pockets.

Clothes are set...the black and pink Fat Cyclist jersey is in honor of Susan Nelson.

2 comments:

Ali B. said...

How did the feed bag work? I almost bought one the day before... :)

Vito said...

I liked it a lot. No digging in jersey pockets. It doesn't get in the way like you may think it would.

If it's not completed stuffed I can also carry my camera in it if I want.