Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gravel Revisited...

I'm so relieved that I decided to ride today. It would have been so easy to just call it a day and stay home and relax. Especially after being up until 4 a.m. in the morning. This is something I rarely do, but last night we hosted our gourmet dinner club. Our theme was Mediterranean and it was absolutely fantastic. Problem was we had so much fun that everyone stayed late and I was bound and determined to not let the clean-up go until morning. After everyone left, my wife went to bed and was up until 2 a.m. cleaning, and then watched a movie until 4 a.m. Not a good thing when planning a ride.
I slept until about 9 and did a few things around the house and was riding by 11:30. The day was absolutely perfect. The trails west were dry and full of spring flowers.I could feel the lack of sleep in my legs but powered on to find the gravel roads I had ridden several weeks back.The roads did not disappoint. They were dry, dusty, and there were plenty of hills to ride.

So, I spent a few hours just riding, exploring, taking pictures, and soaking up the sunshine.

Since I really didn't know where the roads would take me I often times had difficulty deciding what direction to head. South and west were generally favorable with plenty of hills and no pavement.
With my legs tiring it soon came time to make the decision to head back to the trail I had started on and head for home. After nearly four hours of fun riding I was back at the car and ready to head home and sit on the deck to...

Enjoy some more sunshine, quench my thirst, and wash down the dust. Ahhhh! Delightful.

No comments: