Monday, June 14, 2010

"Who'll Stop The Rain?"

Long as I remember The rain been comin' down.
Clouds of myst'ry pourin' Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Tryin' to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.
-John Fogerty, CCR

Rain, rain, and more rain. It seems endless here as of late. If this keeps up it will be quite some time before we are able to ride any of the local single track.
Fortunately we have access to miles of gravel. Wet, rutted, muddy gravel roads. Hey! It's a hell of a lot more fun than being on the road, but it's also a good deal more messy.
Today was all about just getting out and spinning the legs for several ours. It actually did feel kind of nice to be out riding in the rain. It was a bit warmer and more humid so you never had that cold hypothermic feeling.

Yes! It was very wet and it didn't take long for the wet and grit to permeate my clothing. I think I still have sand and grit in places it doesn't belong. The downhill runs were the most interesting with water and grit flying everywhere. It was hard to keep it from getting my eyes and my mouth... (no fenders.)The local pets were once again out in their pastures. I've taken a liking to these two horses and I believe they feel the same towards me. Still a bit skittish, but today they trotted up to the fence and let me pet their noses. I shall have to post some color photos.

I now have a little cleaning to do...

Getting myself cleaned up back at the trailhead parking lot was an interesting experience. Had someone come along at the wrong moment I more than likely could have been given a citation for indecent exposure. Good thing I had a big towel along.

No comments: