Friday, March 18, 2011

Lake Superior

My wife Patti and I have been in Duluth for the past three days. We just felt that we wanted to get away on our own for a few relaxing days. We did a lot of walking, some running (I definitely need to get my running legs back), ate some good food, had a few really good beers, and just generally relaxed. I focused on photography and ended up with 135 good images for my efforts. So, this post is primarily a image dump. Some photos I wanted to share that show the various moods of "the big lake". The best part was that this afternoon the skies cleared and sun came out.
Along with that, I had mentioned to Patti to keep her eyes out for a guy on an orange bike. Low and behold, after arriving back from a drive up the shore we went for a walk on the lake walk and ran into none other than Doug himself.

As he rode by he recognized me from photos and I immediately recognized him. This would be our first meeting and it was very delightful to chat, if only for a brief time. Doug, I really hope that we can hook up sometime and ride some North Shore gravel. I think it would be a good deal of fun.

Hope you enjoy the photos as much as I love being on the North Shore and in Duluth. They truly are great places to enjoy the outdoors. I feel rejuvenated and have regained my motivation to get out and ride and now run. I've accepted my wife Patti's challenge to run the Get In Gear 10K and boy do I have some work to do. I think her words were..."If you can whip yourself into shape you can run this race with me." Game on! Boy, are my legs sore :)

















6 comments:

The Old Bag said...

Wonderful shots!

Yeti said...

Great pictures. I would have expected Lake Superior have an ice cover, but I guess that just shows how little I know about the geography of North America.

Doug said...

What a surprise....and very cool...to run into you and Patty here in Duluth. I wanted to invite the two of you to join Susan and I for dinner somewhere. But seeing it was only her second day back at work I knew she would be too tired out to go. Maybe next time?

It was really great to meet you Bill!

karen said...

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! We were up on the North Shore, and in Duluth last week as well. It was an awesome time to be there to see winter finally crack.

Apertome said...

Great photos! Very cool that you got to meet Doug, as well.