Saturday, January 28, 2012

An Early Start

After putting in thirty hours at work in two and a half days it would have been nice to just stay in bed and catch up on some sleep. Rather than relax, I rolled out of bed at around 4:30 a.m. and headed to the park for some riding.

I started out well before sunrise and followed the horse trails and snowmobile trails up to the NW corner of the park. The morning was beautiful and temps were in the upper teens when I left the parking lot for the trails.

I was in the perfect spot when the sun broke the horizon. These are the first photos with the new wide angle lens I purchased for my Canon. So far, I'm quite satisfied with it.


Along the way I stopped to check out one of the new cabins that were built at the Hayden Lake Camp. Each cabin has several bunks and a nice screened in porch. They look pretty cozy.

I think that I'm going to have to venture out early like this more often.

3 comments:

Brianofthemarsh said...

Beautiful photos!

Loki said...

Hang in there Vito! Soon it will be spring and all this will be forgotten. Good time to learn the camera and think of future winters.....

rlove2bike said...

Thanks for taking us on a great ride!!

Looking good!!