Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day Ride

Finally....Snow!! Not by any means a winter storm dumping, but it was enough to make things white and right. The temps were hovering around 30 (F) and by the end of the ride winds were in the 20-30 mph range. What a great way to start the new year.

"C.J.'s New Masterpiece"

I'm loving the new wheels on the Pugsley. They not only look cool, but they handle ride quite nicely. My only issue now is the Endomorph on the rear. I really think that it has to go, especially if I'm going to be spending ride time on the single track.


The Endo just doesn't have the bite that the Larry or the Nate offer. I've switched to the Larry on the front and love it. Cornering has been greatly improved and with the new wheels I can feel a real difference in the handling of the bike itself. The other thing I am considering is gears. I want to do it as cheaply as possible so I'm thinking of a 1 x 9 or 1 x 10 setup using TT style thumb shifters.

The park is beautiful in the winter and hoping that at some point in time we will get a decent amount of snow. Especially with the Frozen Fat Forty (Triple F) not far off on the horizon. I'm not sure if I'll be ready for it. Much depends on how my back does and how well I take care of it. Right now the most I can ride is about an hour to hour and a half. I found today that two hours at this point is pushing it. Fingers crossed and hoping all will be well.

In the meantime...Enjoy the new year and get out and ride:)

No comments: