Saturday, July 13, 2013

Where My Heart and Mind Have Been

 

My dear father has entered the autumn of his years and has been quite ill as of late. This has been a busy and stressful time for the family and my father has been suffering a good deal. Care giving can be such an exhausting thing and for my mother at ninety years of age the burden has been tremendous, but in that true tough European style she has been doing what she needs to do. That's what happens when two people have been married for going on on 68 years.


It's been difficult for me to be away, but I've been driving back and forth every week now since school has ended. Several days up north to help out then back down here to get things done around the house, only to turn around and head north again. I have a duffel bag that never seems to get unpacked. Needless to say, the riding gets in only when there is time. I head back north tomorrow...

No comments: