Sunday, August 18, 2013

Seeking Peace in the Northwoods

I'm so far behind with this blog that it's not even funny. My summer has been spent driving back and forth north to help take care of and visiting with my father whose health was failing. While there I would run errands, and do odd things around the house. I was able to get out and ride for a couple of days two weeks ago.
 
I love my Salsa El Mariachi
 
I get no greater pleasure riding then I do when I'm north and riding the local forest roads of the Superior National Forest and George Washington State Forest. The few times I did get out this summer were escapes. Releases from the stress of watching my father's life fade and my mother struggle to give him all the care he needed.
 
I don't consider myself a religious person, but rather a "spiritual" person. For me there is no better way for me to get in touch with the spiritual world than by being in the forest. It's calming, peaceful, and it's the place where I can best reflect on what is happening in this life.
 


"Peace and Quiet"









 
"Crossing the County Line"
"Someone Slower Than Me"

 



Discarded beer cans where a far too common sight along some of the main gravel roads. They were a bit less common on the minimum maintenance roads that I also traveled. Some people just don't get it!

Time for a cold one and some food before going back home to vistit with my folks.






No comments: