Saturday, April 19, 2014

Celestial Nights Over Phoenix and The Mogollon Rim

One thing I have not done a lot of with a camera is long nighttime exposures. There is a pretty steep leaning curve and I have a long way to go before nailing down the prime settings. There is so much to consider and so many ways to adjust the camera. ISO, aperture (generally wide open), shutter speed, light pollution, how much moonlight, etc.

"Orion and Saguaro"

"Moon and Venus Over the Mogollon Rim"
 
Three nights in a row while in Sedona I woke up at 3 a.m. to get out and try to get some photos. These were the best that I could do under the circumstances. Now that I have a starting point I can continue to work toward producing better nighttime images. All I need is a better computer and some good photo software to aid in the process.


"Celestial Partnership"

"Milky Way Over Sedona"

No comments: