Sunday, January 11, 2015

Mixing it Up-First Rides of 2015

With the recent snow and sub-zero temps the riding conditions at Elm Creek Park Reserve have been "primo". The snow has had good grip and the trail has been in immaculate condition thanks to the hard work of the local "Grooming Gods". So far I have really enjoyed this first eleven days of 2015.

I've also received some really good news from my cardiologist. My heart procedure seems to be holding and the recovery period has passed. Therefore he has decided to take me off of my medication to see how my heart functions without the cardiac rhythm meds. Good news as I should begin to gradually get my stamina back. 

First Ride of 2015...

 



 "Happy New Year"

Hitting The Frozen Lakes...

With temps in the teens below zero and windchills in the -30(F) to -40(F) the powers that be decided it would be a good idea to call school. That of course meant that part of my day could be spent outside on the bike embracing the winter cold. So, I figured with safe ice and firm snow it was a good time to check out the area lakes. It's always a nice change of pace and it fun to ride around the lakes and explore all the little nooks, crannies, and back waters.





 



Multi-purpose Trails...

Yesterday and Today I spent some time riding the multipurpose trails at EC. It's fun to mingle with the xc skiers in place where they don't give you nasty looks. I also love to see the skijorners out with their dogs. Like the lakes it's a nice change of scenery to get away from the single track from time to time. It's good for the soul to experience as many different kinds of riding as possible.










No comments: