Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Foiled Plans

So, what does one do when his wife calls and says she is tired, had long day at the office, is hungry and doesn't feel like cooking?
I had planned on riding this evening, but on the way home I took a call from Patti. Well, I had to change plans and decided to cook up a nice dinner.
Whole wheat pasta w/creamy pesto sauce, Italian porketta sausage, steamed broccoli and brussel sprouts along with some tasty Italian bread and a bottle of red wine. For dessert we had key lime pie. (Patti made this on Sunday) It was all rather nice and relaxing. I spent the rest of the night grading papers. However, this did not all take place without an interesting conversation that revolved around shoes. The topic of my next post. It was a nice way to spend the evening and we did have a few laughs, but I do believe I have a problem. I'll go through bike withdrawal later.

No comments: