Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Shoes, shoes, shoes...I may have a problem!

During dinner this evening my wife Patti was once again kind enough to point out how many shoes I had. Hah! was my reply. Then I started thinking about it...I believe she is right and I also believe that maybe I need to seek out a support group of some type.
I didn't count, but I believe the photo confirms Patti's concern. Also, the photo is minus my casual shoes (6 pairs) and the shoes and hiking boots on the shelf in the garage. (4 pairs)
My collection consists of hiking shoes and boots, trail running shoes (Gore-Tex and non), regular running shoes, cycling shoes, knock around shoes, Chaco's, Birkies, etc.
Needless to say, I have taken those bold first steps. I've actually admitted to Patti that she was right. Oh the pain of making that submission. I'll seek treatment ASAP and had to promise that I will not purchase any more shoes for quite some time. There are still two pairs hiding that Patti doesn't know about.

No comments: