THE LIST! Yes the dreaded list. This week teachers in our district are still at school. We get to rewrite and fix-up our IB curriculum along with get trained in on new math curriculum. Oh, the joy! Thursday is our afternoon luncheon and then a golf outing. I opted out of the golf, but I could be persuaded with the right kind of beer.
Anyway, after Thursday, summer begins in earnest. As usual that also means a list of things for me to get accomplished around the house. Last year we replaced windows to the tune of $18,000. It sickens me to think about the bikes that could have purchased. The exterior of the house was painted, along with the downstairs guest room and family room. I hate painting.
This summer looks like this...
1. strip wallpaper and repaint mudroom
2. ride bike
3. strip wallpaper trim and repaint office
4. escape north to ride bike, hike, and trail run
5. strip wallpaper, redo trim work, and repaint the master bedroom
6. go hiking, and trail running
7. strip wallpaper trim and repaint second upstairs bedroom (ie; reading room) (This includes purchasing additional furniture at IKEA) and loss of more possible $$ for biking/hiking stuff
9. refinish deck and tear off and redo the railing on the lower deck
10. ride bike, ride bike, and of course ride bike (I'll also need to mix some trail running, and hiking along with some races with the Amigos).
11. prepare for the upcoming school year (we just finished this year and I'm already planning ahead)
12. standard yard work stuff...with all the rain we've had our lawn and flower beds have the appearance that they are on performance enhancing drugs. I believe I mowed three times this past week. The positive in this is I've shut the sprinkler system off. Hey, it came with the house. I personally would have never spent the $$ on that type of luxury.
Busy summer ahead and I'm sure it will be over before you know it. Summer's can be like weekends...gone in the blink of an eye. However, I am eager to make the best of it.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile.
-Lemuel K. Washburn