Sunday, June 1, 2008

Murphy Single Track

We went to MH park on Sat. morn for some single-track heaven. Grasshopper, Mad Dogg, Mike, Mike, Older Mike's wife (name??), Marine Corps Dan, and myself. It turned out to be a beautiful day, but the corners on the single-track were really greasy from the rain we had the previous evening. Cornering was difficult and I went down a couple times. I believe I may have fractured the end of my pinky finger on my right hand. Either that or I just smashed it really good on one of my sliders.

Above, Matt is showing Madonna some of the finer points on his Klein. She took the bike and ran. By the time we were done with the first lap Madonna was gone. I was a bit disappointed with how the morning turned out. I ended only doing one complete lap and two extra laps on the beginner course while waiting for Matt, who was out looking for Marine Corps Dan and myself.

Dan had flatted his front tire about three miles from the trail head. He had a pump that didn't work and some funky aero rims that require an extra long stem for the tube. Well, I offered to help with one of my CO2 cartridges, but of course that fired off prematurely (user error) so now we were down to one. Anyway, by the time we got back to the parking lot Dan's ride was gone, Matt was out again looking for us, and we were left hanging...waiting. Anyway, it was a long drive for a short ride, but the trail is awesome. One time a week down there is my goal for this summer.

I spent the rest of the day cleaning up the bike and doing yard work. Looks like I'll be doing yard work again today because we had a hail storm yesterday evening that shredded the leaves
on our trees. Kind of looks like autumn again aside from the fact that the leaves are green and not red. Time to go for ride....later.

1 comment:

grasshopper said...

it was fun, next time you guys can leave me a note on my car, the cell phone well you can have it!