Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Feeling Good

Monday and yesterday were both rather good days. Forty-one miles on the road Monday morning. Feeling much better, but I'm still experiencing a good amount of pain in my sternum area. My knee is about the same, but it hasn't gotten any worse which is good. If I stay in the small chain ring and just spin I'm fine. Putting up in the big ring and pushing it gives me trouble. I'll continue to take care of it.


Tuesday I went out on the 29er and did what you could call a flat out and back time trial. I wanted to work on some speed on the mountain bike without stressing myself out too much. The single speed is great! I did 30 miles total with an average speed of 15 mph. Which for a big 29er on gravel is pretty good in my mind. This new bike is absolutely phenomenal. Something really cool happened on the return trip. While hauling ass down this trail a beautiful white-tail deer jumped out on the trail right in front of me. I actually had to slow down as she continued on down the trail about 15 feet in front of my bike. With one leap she was off the trail and stood there and watched me ride on by. Very cool! She was wearing her summer colors quite well. I love the reddish tint their hair gets in the early summer.

2 comments:

Judi said...

I am glad the deer didn't crash into you!

Vito said...

No shit! More broken body parts.
She was very cool.