Saturday, September 6, 2008

This Routine...

SUCKS! How long does it take our dog Bella to establish a routine? I would say about one day.
On Tuesday, Bella and I were back to our school year routine. Up at about 4:15 to 4:30 A.M. so we can get a walk in and I can get to my classroom by about 6:15 in the morning. Now I have always been a morning person and don't mind getting up early. However, this routine wears on me by Friday mornings. Especially when dealing with a classroom full of children all week long. They themselves are self described "Energy Suckers" as one former students described it. "That's what we do Mr. V, suck energy from adults." Of course, all this with a charming little smile on his face.

Well it's SATURDAY dammit, and I wanted to sleep in so I could recoup some of that energy that has been "sucked" out of me all week. However, Bella felt that at 4:15 this morning it was time to get up and go for that walk. I now hate her! She's one of them. As I type this she is running around the backyard chasing some poor rabbit. Generally when I get up I cannot go back to sleep. This really is not a good thing along with the fact that I am also not a napper.

Well, I'm going back to sleep......I hope! My phone better not ring at 7 A.M. to go mountain biking, because I don't plan on going until later.

1 comment:

grasshopper said...

I didnt call you until 130pm sleeping beauty!
when are you making an appearance friday morn? speaking of energy draining!