Saturday, October 4, 2008

October

Time for change... cold starry nights, winter constellations, Venus in the evening sky, fall colors and less daylight, the fireplace, first snow falls (I hope), fleece and sweaters, layer upon layer of cycling clothes. I truly love this time of year. One and a half weeks until we venture to the North Shore of Lake Superior for some late season hiking. I'm happy that Patti is excited.

Today was yet another fantastic day for riding. I ended up with just under 29 miles on the "Big Bertha"




Soon we'll be night riding on some of these same trails. The new light gear has been ordered and should be in and ready Tuesday.

2 comments:

Ali B. said...

ahh nice.. they look like great trails for night riding. And a hike north of Lake Superior!? ahh lucky you!

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

Gorgeous shots! I bought a mtn bike this year and have just been trying out a fire road near my home. I imagine there are trails similar to that somewhere around here, but I'm not sure. Those would be hard to beat!