Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Look

The 29 and Single will be taking on a new look in the next week. I've decided to try and lighten up the steel beast somewhat. Given the fact that I'm hoping to ride it at Chequamegon in September, that is if I get in, I felt this was a prudent, and wise, but also costly decision.

New wheels...custom built by Travis at MG Cycle. They will be comprised of the following...
WTB LaserDisc Light hubs, Salsa Delgado rims, DT butted spokes (black), and blue nipples. A nice little aesthetic touch.

These along with a White Brothers Rock Solid carbon fiber rigid fork, will be substantial
weight savers. To top it all off I also ordered the Bontrager Race X Light seatpost and handlebars. These will not provide me with huge weight savings, but they should help improve the ride somewhat. Plus, I just love the way they look.

I can hardly wait for the single track trails to dry up. I have a feeling that I will be spending a lot of time on this bike over the summer.

5 comments:

grasshopper said...

it is a little known fact carbon seat posts make you go faster

Madonna said...

...only if they don't break. Saw one last year break when a rider when down at a race.

Doug said...

Shouldn't you be saving all your pennies for a fat tire snowbike?

Kenny said...

Also, carbon rigid forks can make you really fast, but only counter clock wise.

Vito said...

Doug...I have a plan.