Saturday, June 13, 2009

Struggle....

Today was my first day on the bike in over a week. I'm feeling that stress, lack of sleep, poor diet as of late, and other things have taken it's toll on me in the past 2-3 weeks.

I felt sick to my stomach for most of the day yesterday and that feeling was still there today. What the hell....go for it! Right!My intention was 50 miles on the 29r single speed. Ended up with a long, miserable, tiring 48.5 miles. My body wanted to quite at about 34 miles, but my mind kept saying..."Ride on." I'm not sure that was the best decision I've ever made.

On the positive side...what a beautiful day it was for the first day of vacation. Road ride tomorrow, but I'm not sure how far I'm going. We'll see how the legs feel in the morning. Hopefully I will get some sleep. HHH is coming up on the 20th, but I will not be attending. My training the past three weeks has been horrible and I'm just not going to subject myself to any unnecessary suffering. Just can't do it... My legs and mind are not ready for it.

One interesting thing I noted as I was riding my laps was this bike off to the side of the trail. Not only did I wonder about the bike, but what the hell were the clothes doing draped over it? Along with...where in the hell was the owner? This bike was sitting there for 4 hours.I'm hoping now that I have some time off to relax that I will be able to catch up on some sleep. That is really starting to drive me crazy. No matter how tired I feel I just can't seem to sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time. I don't know...

1 comment:

The Old Bag said...

It's the post school year slog...hits me during winter vacation as well -- we keep ourselves together during the hectic, over-energized weeks leading up to vacation and when time-off comes, the bottom falls out.

Wishing you well during your decompression.