Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Winter is Coming...

I guess winter can't be too far off right now. It's been snowing in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Not a substantial amount, but enough to cover the ground for a day or two. I know our long range forecast calls for a colder than normal winter, which I've seen plenty of signs indicating this, with below average snow fall. That's the part I don't like..."below average snow fall amounts."
If it is going to be winter then there must be snow. I just get no enjoyment out of cold weather with no snow to play in. It's my inner child I guess. Plus...I would love to get back into XC skiing this winter, particularly skate skiing. It could push my cardiovascular fitness to levels they haven't seen since my days of distance running in college.

So, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I won't spring the $$$ for skis unless I know it's going to be worth it.

1 comment:

The Old Bag said...

Arg -- haven't heard the "below normal snow amounts" but that's a huge bummer. Winter is for Xc skiing!