Sunday, January 24, 2010

January Thaw

Rain Friday, rain Saturday, rain today. This is Minnesota and it is January so the temps should be much cooler. They've been talking snow all day, but it just hasn't cooled down enough for it to snow and everything is a sloppy mess. I'm hoping this will happen over night so I'll be able to take the Pugsley out tomorrow night. The cooler temps should of course make everything rock hard and the windchill temps are forecast to be -20 F or colder.
Finally winter will return and I can continue to tweak things on the Pugsley. I opted for an indoor session this morning. Two hours of climbing at a pretty good tempo. This afternoon I adjusted the seat height for the sixth time, mounted a headlight on the handlebars, and put on the new Ergon GX 1 grips. I'm definitely a fan of the Ergon grips and now have them on all my mountain bikes. I also purchased a frame fit pump for those longer rides up north. Not sure how functional it will be, but I want to be prepared in case I go up north this coming weekend. If it doesn't deem itself practical I can always return it to REI.

2 comments:

Snakebite said...

"I adjusted the seat height for the sixth time....."

I hear sixth time's the charm.

Vito said...

I know, I know... It's now perfect.