Sunday, February 28, 2010

Winter is Waning


My God where do the weekends go? They always seem to go by so fast, but I guess in many ways this is a good thing. Beats the hell out of long and boring. The weather this weekend could not have been any better. The only thing that would have made it just a bit sweeter would be to have been up north.
With temps hovering in the low to mid 30's all weekend the snow conditions have been tremendous. However, the white stuff is melting rather rapidly as the sun's zenith continues to get higher in the sky with each passing day. The Pugsley just keeps getting better and better. With the moon full, tonight would be the perfect night for some night riding, but that will have to wait for tomorrow night. I have every intention of heading up to EC tomorrow evening for some riding. If this weather pattern continues the snow will not last long and it is forecast to be warm and sunny all week.So, with each passing day I have to face the fact that winter is waning and soon spring will be upon us and road bike and 29er will have to be prepared for another season. In the meantime I'll enjoy the snow as much as possible and continue to dream and plan for the summer. Is that actually grass I'm seeing in the backyard?

1 comment:

WheelDancer said...

Sweet! I'm loving seeing the Pugsley rolling through the snow.