Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Walk To Canada "ey" - Border Country

My Saturday afternoon "walk-a-bout" took me to several different places. It technically wasn't a walk-a-bout because I did have my car, but the whole walk-a-bout thing sounded good. However, I did do some hiking and basically took a relaxing stroll through the forest to the Canadian Border. Along the way I enjoyed a little nap on top of a rock on the other side of this bridge pictured below.

 



"The Beginning of Autumn"
 



The hike was very nice and this area was absolutely quiet. The only sounds to be heard were that of birds and the water flowing. As I was exiting the trail at the trailhead there was a family getting ready to hike the same trail and do some grouse hunting. My timing was perfect.


 


"The Vermillion River"
 





After literally reaching the end of the road I headed back to the cabin to find my older brother Mike relaxing on the deck with a cold beer. Everyone else was out fishing at the moment. The first thing out of his mouth was "Where in the hell have you been?" "We've been wondering about you and where you could have gone." My reply was, "I took a walk to Canada, ey." He laughed as he shook his head, but I won't tell you what came out of his mouth. We relaxed and had a couple of beers on the deck while we waited for the rest of the boys to come in off the lake. All in all it was a great little trip. I'm looking forward to next year.

No comments: