Thursday, July 2, 2009

Taking a Hiatus of Sorts...

I've decided that I am probably going to need a hiatus from this blogging nonsense for a while. It just doesn't seem all that important or fun right now. My Father has become seriously ill so I will be spending a great deal more time in hospital rooms over the course of the next...well, who knows. This along with a lot of time driving back and forth between the Twin Cities and northern Minnesota.

I'll still be riding, after all, I will need an escape of some type and if anything exciting happens I'll share. My plans for the summer are still somewhat in place however some things still may be changing. I'm not giving up on the SS 100 miler in a day up on the North Shore of Lake Superior, nor the lowest to highest point in MN challenge, and Ore to Shore. It's just that right now spending time with my Mother and Father is most important.

I don't want to go into any details right now, but I may share some personal thoughts from time to time. One thing I will share is that I am actually praying a lot more these days.

Keep the wheels spinning!

6 comments:

Fat Lad said...

keep your chin up mate and keep pedaling. Make the important things the priority

Fat Lad

Anonymous said...

Mike In WI say's

That's cool Vito, Blog if you feel like it but being with family when times are tough shows your a good son.

I find it tough enough doing a century with gears and you are tackling it on a SS...maybe you can knock out next years GDR on a SS like Chris Plesko!

Take care, Vito

Mike in WI

Ali B. said...

You always make the right choices - family.. friends first. I wish ALL of your family the strength to endure these tough times.
Ali

WheelDancer said...

You've had your share as of late, take your time, spin when you can blog when it feels right and give your family the time it takes.

The Old Bag said...

thought and prayers with you

Petit Chèvre said...

You certainly have your priorities straight. Take care and I hope everything works out for you and your family.

Spin On